Friday, June 27, 2008

You're mean in Argentina

A quick note about the brick mission - I'm going to dispute that the total prize was $50,000. If each player carried 50 pounds succesfully, then that's $2,500 * 8 players for a total of $20,000. There's no way 8 people were getting 200 bricks up that mountain. While we're on the topic of math, Nicole takes 4 five pound bricks and says "...I didn't do it with 35 pounds on my back" that's 20 pounds Doctor dear.

Apparently Victoria is very catty in her journal since she felt the need to apoligize up front.
So let's play who said that and see if we can fill in the blanks.
Victoria - At dinner Victoria drank alot. Mark
Clay - Very quiet. Cool guy. I like his vibes. Kristen
Paul- Hoping this time it will work out right.
Kristen- Mission 1 was the stupidest thing anyone ever did for money. Nicole
Alex- Taking control.
Mark- This is to easy. Paul
Nicole- Nicole is here for fame. Victoria

So that leaves Clay and Alex. I'm guessing Alex wasn't given his own quote, so that's easy to figure out. Of course the players didn't know there were only 7 questions or they might have been able to use the process of elimination.

For me this week didn't have a lot of "plot progression" for most players, but here's my impressions. (Please note that due to the nature of the end of FY this is the time of year when I reach my maximum intolerance for stupidity and whining.)

Alex - Other than giving up his journal, Alex didn't get a lot of screen time.

Clay - As usual, quiet and observant, EXCEPT for pushing for the exemption. This man is focused on his game. I think he will be final 3 with Nicole and Kristen.

Craig - What a trooper on that challenge. I mean climbing up a mountain while hypothermia sets in is quite something. Slipping in and out of consciousness, now that's seriously scary.

Kristen - Carried as many bricks as Mark AND the scale and didn't complain once. Hear that Mark, she didn't complain once Whiner. When Victoria was eliminated, was the look on Kristen's face saddness because Victoria was leaving, or because she now has to room with Nicole for the rest of the game? If she's not The Mole then she might just win this.

Mark - He was whiny and negative even BEFORE they took his journal. I don't think he'll last past next week. The stress is getting to him and without his journal he's going to implode quickly.

Nicole -OK, the cheating at dinner was just over-the-top. She's doing a great job of looking Moleish. I still think she'll be in the final 3. But I think Clay might win this.

Paul - Seriously you're going to eat cow dung? I have to say that Paul seemed like a completely different person this week. He was supportive and encouraging during the brick challenge.

Victoria - I LOVED it when she yelled out "there's an exemption in mine!" That was awesome. I really like Victoria. If I was in the game this season she and Craig would be the two people I'd want to hang out with.

No comments: