Friday, June 20, 2008

I call them hooker boots

I'll try and be coherent, but I've already put in 50 hours this week and still have a day to go. OK enough whining from me onto The Mole!

A few quick notes about this season. This is the first time I've known every one's names after the first episode and I can recall them in alpahbetical order for the blog. This speaks to them casting a great bunch of personalities, although I'm still bitter Clint and I weren't cast! I'm secretly(until now) happy that Wendy wasn't there though. This season either has a lot of shrewd players or a bunch of bungling idiots. By that I mean a lot of players are giving up money in the pot. Are they trying to look Moleish or are they just not good in the challenges? The key is to look like you're trying to throw the challenge and then failing to do so. Then you might have some money left over after taxes.

On a side note, I do know that The Mole shouldn't be capitalized unless refering to the title of the show, but I'm having fun with it. Yes that's right I'm a syntactical rebel!

Alex - I like Alex alot and he's playing as good of a game as anyone. Leaving his journal in Craig and Bobby's room was an interesting move. I'm not really sure what he gained from it, except that they discounted him as a shrewd player. Was this an attempt to throw suspicion off of him as The Mole?

Ali - I can't believe she took the cash. It was probably a wise decision though. I have to say it's hard for me to tell who's pretending to be The Mole and who's The Real Mole.

Bobby - I think Bobby's eviction was a prime example of letting your game interfere with your game. He was so busy trying to think and rethink and outhink that he ended up running around in circles. After reading the interrview on realitytv I'm glad to learn that his athletic nonperformance was not a strategy.

Clay - If I didn't suspect Kristen, I would suspect Clay. He's keeping quiet and observing. He did draw attention to himself by refusing to even try to find clothes, but I think that was a matter of anxiety winning over strategy. The Mole wouldn't have been so overt as to throw challenge so obviously. But then again isn't that a great way to throw off suspicion?

Craig - Craig's strategy is to hide how smart he is. I think he has some good insights but wants to play the jovial goofy guy to win other players trust. It seemed like Bobby certainly opened up to him, even though Craig wasn't in his coalition.

Kristen - I still think she's The Mole. I know she hasn't cost the pot as much money as most players, but then again they've been doing her job for her. So many players seem to be sabotage the challenges this season I'm just sticking with my gut.

Mark - I really don't get why Mark didn't participate in the Dress Code challenge. I mean he didn't hesitate to drop his robe. Was he staying behind to support Clay? If so then I'll try and back off of my dislike of his intense competitiveness. Although he's not coaching my son!

Nicole - She really seemed tempted to take the cash. That was odd to me, because she seems so sure of herself in everything else she does. I don't think that $20,000 or $30,000 would make that drastic of a difference to her. I mean how much is she losing to be away from her practice to film The Mole? She's in my top three list of who's The Mole. I can definitely see the final three being Clay, Kristen and Nicole.

Paul - I think Paul is a great player. He is definitely disrupting people's concentration. I also think he's rather cruel. You can't make yourself be that abusive just for a game. I think Paul might go soon, he's expending too much energy on disruption and not enough on deduction. Of course he might just have a good gut feeling and have deduced it right off the bat.

Victoria - Hopefully Victoria won't be too distracted by Paul to take good notes. She's one of my favorites this season. She clearly has a great heart and a good sense of humor. She performs well in challenges and stays below most people's radar. I can't rule her out as The Mole and it wouldn't surprise me if she ended up winning.

No comments: